What We Are Doing to Keep You and Our Team Safe.
We are excited to have the opportunity to welcome you back! As we slowly transition back to patient care, we are implementing some new protocols to ensure your health and safety, as well as that of our team. If you had an appointment that was impacted by our office closure, please be patient and rest assured that we will contact you to get you re-scheduled.
Our office has always utilized personal protective equipment (PPE) that has exceeded all CDC guidelines. However, in light of the COVID-19 Pandemic we have instituted additional guidelines and protocols to ensure your safety.
You will see many changes, as we have new ways of scheduling your appointments and managing your insurance and financial transactions. First, you will be contacted 48-72 hours prior to your appointment via phone, text or email and asked a set of health-related questions. It is required that we complete this questionnaire prior to your appointment. Additionally, it is necessary for us to have a current medical and dental history form complete prior to your appointment. We will have to reschedule your appointment if we are unable to complete these steps.
Below is a list of some of the enhanced precautions we have taken to protect you in addition to extensive team training on infection control and patient management procedures.
- Personalized arrival procedures to guide you from your car directly to treatment rooms to eliminate contacting surfaces.
- Maintain distancing in the reception area for essential caregivers and parents of minors if they cannot wait in a vehicle or outside the office.
- Removed magazines and items that can harbor or transfer germs of any kind. Hand sanitizers will be positioned throughout the office.
- Providing more education materials to enhance your awareness of health issues related to this pandemic.
- We require a mask to be worn by ALL patients upon entering the office.
- We are installing sneeze guards or droplet barriers at all reception areas.
- Require hand washing and hand sanitizing before all appointments by our team and by our patients.
- Introduce an oral pre rinse by all patients to reduce exposure to germs.
- Require all team members to undergo periodic testing for COVID-19 and antibodies for the earliest detection of exposure should it exist.
- Record temperature of every patient upon entering the office.
- Record the temperature and lung efficiency of every team member each day at beginning and end of work period.
- Payment arrangements in advance to avoid delay and allow contactless exit from the appointment.
- Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures of all surfaces between patients.
- We will institute ambient air management with HEPA 13 air filtration continuously in treatment rooms and common areas to remove germs from circulating air.
- Enhanced HVAC disinfection with UV light or HEPA Filtration units.
- Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures before and after all appointments with mist or fogging devices to access hard to reach places that can be easily missed.
- New personal protection equipment like visors, gowns, and masks for our doctors and team to provide barriers against the smallest of germs.
- Introduce protocols to reduce or eliminate airborne aerosols during all dental procedures.
- Enhanced nightly disinfection procedures of equipment and office fixtures like computers, keyboards, telephones, tablets, chairs, doorknobs, and buttons that may be touched unconsciously.
- Disinfection of all outside mail and packages that enter the building.
- Longer appointment times for you to prepare and complete all appointment tasks and duties in the safest and most comprehensive manner.
- Providing tele-dentistry services for follow up lab reports or communication that can be done online or through video education.
- Provide disease testing recommendations for exposure detection to viruses.
Again, thank you for your patience and for placing your trust in us to deliver exceptional health care. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Yours in Dental Health,
Dr. Gray and the Madrona Dental Care Team
1019 24th St
Anacortes, WA 98221
Madrona Dental Care
1019 24th St, #A
Anacortes, WA 98221